FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST
Be responsible for ensuring all aspects of the check-in & check-out process are handled in an organized and efficient manner including collecting co-pays and patient balances, obtaining credit card on file agreements, preparing paperwork at the start and end of the clinic days to allow for a smooth patient flow while providing excellent customer service.
- Ensuring office is prepared to receive patients by turning on lights, unlocking front doors, and ensuring appropriate sign in sheets are placed in clipboards on the front desk counter.
- Greeting patients upon arrival by smiling, introducing yourself to them and welcoming new patients to our practice.
- Providing patient with the intake tablet and instructions on how to use the tablet.
- Assist patients having difficulty using the tablet.
- Ensuring the patients have completed all the required intake information.
- Obtain and ensure the patients photo identification and insurance card(s) match the information in the patients Intergy account. Scan any new insurances insurance cards and notify benefits verifier of any changes.
- Verifying a valid authorization is present in the patients account in Intergy and EMA.
- Ensuring the patients insurance benefits have been verified within the past 30 days.
- Collecting all co-pays and outstanding patient balances.
- Begin check in process in Intergy and EMA.
- Upload any outside patients imaging CDs into My Medical Images.
- Preparing all paperwork for next day’s clinic.
- Schedule patients follow up appointments
- Complete end of day batches.
- Process any required disability form payments.
- Ensuring clinics run smoothly by informing clinic manager of any issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Previous experience in appointment scheduling or a medical office is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
- Empathetic and patient-oriented attitude.
A career at OrthoMiami will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Benefits offered include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Short/Long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan